This is an entry-level position that serves as a testing and deployment specialist within a test-driven software development cycle. The person in this role will be responsible for testing new product releases; troubleshooting customer-reported field issues for existing product releases; utilizing both off-the-shelf and SMT internally developed test tools to execute these responsibilities; and building, verifying, maintaining, and troubleshooting product installers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform manual testing of SMT base products
- Isolate, replicate, and document defects and verify fixes
- Create product test checklists, scripts, and scenarios
- Use high-level (acceptance test) tools for automated testing of SMT base products
- Identify test requirements from specifications prior to the development of a given product or feature
- Create clear, concise, detail-oriented acceptance test suites (sets of scripts)
- Ensure validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications
- Write front-end tests prior to the development of a given product
- Organize test results for reporting data for computation of quality metrics
- Identify potential quality issues and escalate to the Quality Assurance (QA) manager
- Work within multiple Scrum teams to test project-related software and to build install scripts
- Assist with troubleshooting customer software issues in the field
- Assist in the build and maintenance of SMT building and test lab equipment and software
- Support customers dynamically in the field with periodic on-call responsibilities
- Provide thorough and accurate written and verbal updates to managers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role that requires high mental capability and cognition.
This position operates in a professional office environment with minimal noise and no exposure to adverse environment conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and copiers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.