About Myers & Chapman:
Myers & Chapman is growing and we are seeking Assistant Project Managers to join our team. Myers & Chapman is a General Contractor that operates in the Carolinas, Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida. We focus on a variety of projects including industrial, commercial, retail, and institutional buildings. Myers & Chapman takes pride in doing what is right and doing our best. We hope to find an individual with experience in the construction industry and who values our mission of “delivering a better construction experience.” Myers & Chapman is built on a reputation of honesty, integrity, respect, and partnering with clients, subcontractors and others.
Assistant Project Manager Job Description:
The position of Assistant Project Manager (APM) is an introductory role in the company. The position is a critical project team member responsible for being involved in the planning, execution, delivery, and closing out projects and supporting senior staff. The APM will be responsible for helping the PM or SPM in the day to day management of the project. Most of the responsibilities will involve office and field time. The APM reports to the Project Manager on their primary responsibilities/day to day basis, but is expected to interact with Project Superintendent almost daily.
The APM’s Responsibilities Include:
– Project planning, scheduling and coordination of the project with the PM or SPM
– Communication on the project with the project team
– Safety and Quality Control on the project they are assigned
– Assist with project forecasting and scheduling
– Learning the financial controls of a project
– Submittals and shop drawing management
– Material procurement logs
– Organizing and distributing meeting minutes and agendas
– Updating permit drawings with revisions and RFIs
– Change order management
– Permit management
– Problem solving with the project team
– Interaction with Preconstruction to promote good communication and feedback in the company
– We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
– Degree in Construction Management
– Ability to exhibit leadership skills
– Good Communication skills
– Strong ability to establish relationships and interact with the project team.