Do you like following a design project through from beginning to end? Are you an innovative designer who gets excited about creating products that communicate the feel and look of a brand? Then you may be just the right fit for our industrial designer position at Murano Corporation. We pride ourselves on designing creative products with practical purposes to make life easier for our customers. This industrial designer position will focus on an Edge IoT/Tablet device that is both smart and stylish. The designer will be responsible for everything from the initial concept and design to the testing and subsequent manufacturing implementation of products. If this sounds like a good fit for you, apply today!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Research industry literature, attend industry specific trade shows and build a knowledge base of product trends through conversations with production, engineering and sales professionals which will lead to new product design ideas
- Work with clients to understand design parameters within defined product categories and research the demographics of consumer product use
- Create preliminary artistic drawings in the form of illustrations and storyboards of product concepts, present them to clients for feedback and creatively use the feedback to refine product design
- Use CAD software to refine designs and create virtual models of products
- Utilize 3D printing to create product prototypes that are both non-functional and working to evaluate their practicality
- Collaborate with a team of manufacturing professionals and engineers to evaluate product prototypes to determine production feasibility and costs
- Utilize computer-aided industrial design (CAID) software to instruct manufacturing equipment how to build the finalized product design and present to manufacturing department
- Independent thinker and worker who can easily adapt to a team approach
- CAID design and 3D printing experience
- Knowledge of engineering for mobile electronic devices.