The marketing communications specialist develops content for a wide variety of recruitment and brand-building materials that incorporate strategic marketing messages. This creative professional translates marketing messages into promotional copy that persuades and motivates audiences to action.
– Researches, writes, and edits for a wide variety of mediums designed to achieve marketing objectives, with a focus on digital mediums.
– Manages an admissions blog, including maintaining an editorial calendar, writing/editing posts, SEO, and measuring results.
– Serves on the marketing department’s social media team and contributes ideas for organic posts on a variety of social media platforms.
– Writes copy for paid social and digital media campaigns.
– Writes promotional copy for sections of the Meredith website and makes updates as needed.
– Develops relationships with departments/programs to gather story ideas for media pitches and other promotional tactics.
– Writes 1-2 feature stories for each issue of Meredith Magazine, the College’s magazine for alumnae and friends, and 3-4 stories per month for the news section of meredith.edu.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years experience in marketing, advertising, journalism, or related field.
– Must possess strong interpersonal, persuasive writing, and storytelling skills.
– Must be flexible, highly organized, and have the ability to function well in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
– Must have experience using a content management system, preferably WordPress.
– Familiarity with Google Analytics a plus.
– Requires occasional night and weekend work.
For full consideration, attach to the completed application the following: cover letter, resume and writing samples.