Koonce, Wooten & Haywood, LLP is an established public accounting firm in Raleigh, North Carolina offering audit, tax, and advisory services. We also have offices in Pittsboro, Durham and Smithfield, North Carolina.
We are seeking a qualified candidate for an audit senior position. This position is involved in the full scope of audit engagements, with particular focus on planning and wrap-up. This position regularly resolves technical issues, and would at times be responsible for supervising staff, would interact with members of the team at all levels, as well as with client personnel, and would communicate issues encountered throughout the audit and find solutions.
- Know and understand the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Perform audit procedures in a variety of industries, with a concentration on nonprofit organizations.
- Develop and execute audit programs by documenting objectives, identifying risks, evaluating controls, and designing test procedures.
- Understand audit methodology and objectives and recognize/address technical issues.
- Prepare concise and accurate work papers.
- Identify and recommend internal control improvements that may include operational enhancements or efficiencies for the client.
- Build effective working relationships with client personnel and coordinate audit requests, as well as meeting time constraints and deadlines.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the client’s business or organization and potentially maintain contact with the client throughout the year.
- Communicate the status of projects regularly and identify areas for audit efficiencies, utilizing available technology tools or new testing methods.
40 hours per week with overtime hours expected during busy season; weekly hour expectations are dependent upon time of year and workflow requirements
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off