Do you have a love for working with teens, despite how difficult they can be?
Do friends rely on you to be on top of details, even when things are moving quickly?
Do you dream of leading a team in a growing nonprofit organization and with a team of passionate individuals?
If this describes you, come join our team!
Preference will be given to applications received by September 20th.
POSITION TITLE: Parenting of Adolescents Program Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Under the supervision of Exchange Family Center’s Executive Director, manages program planning, evaluation, fiscal administration, and determines overall direction of the program. Coordinates the Parenting of Adolescent Program (POA) service delivery components. Carries a minimal annual caseload, as responsibilities allow, using Multidimensional Family Therapy, Positive Parenting Program (Teen), Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or other models used within the program.
- Master’s degree in social work or other mental health field, plus 3 years related service delivery experience;
- Knowledge of adolescent development and appropriate parenting practices;
- Positive attitude and strong commitment to Exchange Family Center’s mission;
- Superior administrative and organizational skills, with the ability to attend to details and keep projects on track;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong problem-solving and time management skills;
- The ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- LCSW, LMFT, or similar clinical licensure;
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience;
- Trained in at least one model used by the program with the ability to become trained and certified in all models (Multidimensional Family Therapy, Positive Parenting Program, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy);
- Experience with grant administration;
- Experience with grant writing and foundation relations;
- Knowledge of or experience working in Durham, Durham County and/or the Triangle NC area;
- Bilingual (Spanish/English).
GOALS OF PARENTING OF ADOLESCENT PROGRAM MANAGER:
To support the mission of the Exchange Family Center.
To ensure the delivery of observable and impactful outcomes for adolescents and families served by the Parenting of Adolescents program.
To adhere to all policies and procedures set forth by the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:
Program & Grant Management
- Serves as overall coordinator for the Parenting of Adolescents Program, ensuring adequate progress is being achieved towards meeting program outcomes;
- Ensures program outcomes are achieved as written in our contracts with funding sources;
- Maintains records and collects required data, in partnership with appropriate staff;
- Ensures data is updated and maintained regularly and maintains the data collection system for the program;
- Writes all program-level reports and correspondence, as necessary, in a timely manner;
- Ensures that all client files and data submission required by contracts is completed according to schedule;
- Writes grants and pursues funding for the program, collaborating with the Executive Director and Development & Communications Manager, as appropriate;
- Maintains required paperwork per funder and field requirements;
- Provides information to funders regarding clients served and services provided;
- Administers the program, including budgeting and fiscal management in partnership with the Finance Manager;
- Manages Parenting of Adolescents Program referrals and waitlist, ensuring clients receive services in as timely a manner as possible;
- Serves as a liaison to other community agencies and coalitions serving children and families by attending meetings and conference calls, and collaborating in opportunities of mutual interest;
- Engages the community through communication with key partners including attending board meetings, collaboratives, and trainings as required by funders;
- Uses innovation to create systems and structures necessary for program efficiencies;
- Provides direct services to clients using evidence-based models, including weekly in-home sessions with the families and referrals to other services, as needed. The caseload will be determined annually with the Executive Director.
- Leads a team of 4-6 Parenting of Adolescent program staff and interns;
- Supervises work of program staff, volunteers, and interns;
- Provides training, monitoring, evaluation, and supervision to program staff, including hiring and training new staff as needed;
- Ensures high-quality services through team meetings, clinical supervision, audio/video fidelity monitoring, and performance reviews as prescribed per evidence-based model;
- Provides coaching and support to program staff to ensure their professional growth and ability to meet expected outcomes, deadlines, and service delivery expectations.
- Develops and maintains a strong understanding of the work of each program and functional area and their role within the organization, collaborating with team members as appropriate to achieve goals;
- Participates in regular supervision meetings and check-ins with the Executive Director;
- Provides leadership through participation as an active member of the agency’s Management Team;
- Participates as an active team member in staff meetings, team meetings, and other internal collaboration opportunities;
- Provides leadership and team building through regular communication with Parenting of Adolescent team, including leading regular team meetings and encouraging collaboration across the agency.
Perform other duties as assigned.
CONDITIONS: All work is subject to approval by the Executive Director. This job description is subject to change by the employer as the organizational needs and requirements of the job change.
HIRING RANGE: $53,000 – $58,000 per year, as well as a robust benefit package