As “Local Company with Local Priorities” ATMC is expanding into Pender County.
As North Carolina’s largest communications cooperative, we offer essential home & business services and provide a wide variety of career opportunities in the rural counties that we serve. ATMC is located along the beautiful Atlantic coast of Brunswick County, halfway between Wilmington, NC & Myrtle Beach, SC. Our service area covers rural parts of Brunswick County, Columbus County, Robeson County, Duplin County, Pender County, and is continuously expanding as the demand for internet services increases in these areas. Being an employee at ATMC means having a great place to work as well as a great place to call home. ATMC employees find their careers to be rewarding, challenging, and exciting while keeping the feel of a small company. While ATMC is a large company ATMC still upholds core values that tell our employees they are appreciated, valued, and recognized each day. Currently, ATMC has more than 300 employees with competitive earnings and great benefits that include a 401k with company match and tuition reimbursement.
ATMC is seeking an OSP Staking Engineer located in the Burgaw, NC area. This opportunity will be responsible for engineering design and planning assistance for expansion, redesign, or reinforcement of outside plant facilities for the ATMC’s service area in Pender County. The Engineer will issue complete work orders including distribution, cut sheets, and all necessary permits to the construction department. The OSP Staking Engineer will report to the Outside Plant Engineering-Staking Manager.
This position will report to 1855 NC Highway 53 West, Burgaw, NC 28425
• Minimum two-year technical degree in an Engineering discipline or 4 years OSP Engineering work experience.
• Knowledge of computer-aided drafting and GIS mapping software and data collection, principles, and practices.
• Ability to utilize CableCAD, NetDesigner, ArcMap ESRI GIS, LodeData, Visio, XMAP, and other design, drafting, or mapping software.
• Knowledge of twisted-pair copper and fiber telecommunication systems, including fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) and hybrid-fiber coax (HFC) CATV systems construction, engineering practices and principles, and their respective outside plant network designs.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Experience drafting sketches & notes from on-site field surveys.
• Maintains a current and valid driver’s license to perform the duties of this position.
ATMC Benefits Include:
• Competitive pay structure
• 401k with company match
• Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD benefits
• On-Site Wellness Clinic
• Discounts for company products & services
• And more…..
The above statements describe the level of work performed and expected in general terms. The statements are not intended to list all the responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of employees. Furthermore, nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to conflict with or eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of ATMC.
ATMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ATMC is a Drug-Free Workplace. ATMC participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security.