Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), Southeast Division (SED) in Raleigh, NC is seeking a Staff Front-End Software Developer with Linux OS experience for a position designing, developing, and deploying a web-based user interface (UI) that exposes weapons effects modeling and simulation capabilities. This capability will be deployed for demonstration in the Department of Defense. The candidate will have a strong passion and background in UI design and development using Agile processes.
What you’ll do as a Staff Front-End Developer:
- As a Staff Front-End Developer, you will work with a scrum team designing and developing a web-based UI that exposes weapon effects capabilities to the Department of Defense
- Design and develop GUIs, integrate datasets, and prepare 2D/3D visualizations of results/outputs
- Integrate Linux based M&S Docker containers that provide unique weapon effects capabilities
- Candidates will work directly with our customers, external teams, and other ARA programs to cross-integrate capabilities
Due to the work you’ll perform, you must be a US citizen and eligible to apply for and hold a US security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment).
Staff Front-End Developer Requirements:
- Requires a BS in Computer Science or similar with a minimum of 5-7 years of work experience
- REST API experience required
- Experience running and debugging Docker containers
- Experience programming with Java for Linux and Windows OS
- Working in Agile software development environments
- Use of Git/Eclipse/JIRA/Artifactory
- Strong understanding of Agile software development
Staff Cloud Engineer Preferences:
- Experience with Keycloak and Ruby is a plus
- Current active security clearance
- Experience with weapon effects or other related DoD software systems and models
- AWS, Microsoft, or CompTIA Cloud Certification
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Southeast Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/