Provides electrical design, project management and technical expertise on small to medium-sized projects involving multidisciplinary project teams with minimum supervision.
1. Designs and implements control systems in-line with project budgets, schedules and customer requirements seeking assistance as required from senior electrical engineers. Project design and implementation include material specification and procurement, schematics, layouts, programming, setup, testing and debugging, installation and startup. Maintains a wide range of expertise in PLC, HMI, robotics, motion and vision systems.
2. Participates in the approval of control system design and documentation with regard to meeting established quality, performance and safety requirements. Involved in the approval of customer acceptance and experimental tests.
3. Meets or exceeds margins by effectively planning and executing assigned project work. Develops applications for PLC, HMI, process, motion, vision and robotic systems as well as reviews system requirements and functional specifications.
4. Maintains positive vendor relations in order to readily receive assistance on future projects.
5. Maintains positive customer relations in order to increase the probability of repeat business.
6. Demonstrates technical competence in a variety of technologies.
7. Utilizes all ABCO systems and procedures effectively, including Syteline, to manage work in an accurately and timely manner.
8. Demonstrates the ability to lead another engineer and/or designer on medium-sized projects. Provides guidance to less experienced engineers and designers.
9. Presents a neat and professional appearance.
10. Exhibits a positive and proactive attitude.
11. Displays approachability and flexibility as a strong team player.
12. Demonstrates dependable attendance.
Working environment is generally favorable with adequate lighting and temperature. There are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, smells, etc. Conditions at customer sites may vary from excellent to very poor. Usually less than 10 – 20% travel required.
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor Degree in Engineering (BSEE) or equivalent experience
Minimum Years of Experience Required:
Three (3) years of electrical engineering project management and design.
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
1. Programming Skills – Robotic, motion, vision PLC, HMI software
2. Organizational Skills
4. Decision Making
5. Analytical Thinking
7. Interpersonal and Written Communication Skills
8. Reporting Skills/ Project Updates
9. PC Skills – MS Office
12. Project Management
14. Technical Functional Knowledge – Control Systems, Packaging, Assembly & Process Machinery
15. Industry Product Knowledge
16. Critical Thinking
19. Problem Solving